4 Types of Flooring You Should Know About
Where to Use & Benefits of Engineered Hardwood, Laminate, LVP & LVT: Best Value at the Best Prices
When it comes to selecting the right flooring for your space, whether it's a home or a business, the variety of choices can be overwhelming. Among the most popular and cost-effective options today are engineered hardwood, laminate, Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP), and Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT). Each of these flooring types provides great value for money and caters to different needs and styles.
At Spokane Cabinets Plus, we specialize in these types of flooring because we believe they offer the best value for your investment. They balance aesthetics, durability, and affordability, satisfying all types of home or business flooring requirements. What's more, we take pride in offering the best prices on all flooring types.
Let's dive in and explore each flooring type, their benefits, and where they are best used.
Engineered Hardwood: The Upscale, Durable Choice
Engineered hardwood flooring is a fantastic alternative to solid hardwood. It features a top layer of real hardwood veneer attached to multiple layers of high-quality plywood. This structure gives engineered hardwood an edge in stability, preventing it from warping due to changes in temperature and humidity.
Engineered hardwood is best used in spaces where you desire the elegance and warmth of real wood but require more durability and less maintenance. It's perfect for living rooms, bedrooms, and even kitchens.
Benefits of Engineered Hardwood
- Aesthetics: It provides the luxury look of real wood, enhancing the appeal of your space.
- Durability: Its layered construction provides increased stability and resistance to temperature and humidity changes.
- Versatility: It comes in a variety of wood species, stains, and finishes to match your decor.
Laminate: The Practical, Low-Maintenance Option
Laminate flooring is a multi-layer synthetic product, fused together using a lamination process. The top layer is a high-resolution photographic image of natural flooring materials such as wood or stone, providing the aesthetic appeal. It is a perfect choice for high-traffic areas such as hallways, living rooms, and children's rooms.
Benefits of Laminate Flooring
- Durability: It is resistant to scratches, dents, and stains, ideal for homes with kids or pets.
- Easy Maintenance: It requires only regular sweeping or vacuuming to keep it clean.
- Cost-effective: It offers the look of more expensive wood or stone flooring at a fraction of the price.
Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP): The Water-Resistant Wonder
LVP is a type of vinyl flooring that comes in long, narrow strips, similar to real wood planks. It is known for its durability and water-resistant properties, making it ideal for bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms, or any other areas prone to moisture and spills.
Benefits of LVP
- Water Resistance: LVP is virtually waterproof, making it an excellent choice for areas exposed to moisture.
- Durability: It is resistant to dents, making it a great option for high-traffic areas.
- Realistic Looks: LVP can convincingly mimic the look of various types of hardwood flooring.
Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT): The Versatile Performer
LVT is similar to LVP in its properties and advantages, but it comes in tile-like pieces instead of planks. LVT can mimic stone and ceramic tile, providing a cost-effective and low-maintenance alternative for kitchens, bathrooms, and hallways.
Benefits of LVT
- Versatility: LVT can replicate the appearance of many natural materials, offering a wide range of design options.
- Durability: Like LVP, LVT is durable and water-resistant, making it ideal for various environments.
- Comfort: LVT is softer and warmer underfoot than natural stone or ceramic tiles.
Spokane Cabinets Plus: Your Destination for Value and Variety
At Spokane Cabinets Plus, we believe in offering the best value for your investment. We've curated our flooring options to include engineered hardwood, laminate, LVP, and LVT because of their proven benefits and versatility. No matter your lifestyle, aesthetic preference, or budget, we have a flooring option that fits your needs. And you can rest assured knowing that you're getting the best prices in Spokane and surrounding counties.
Choosing new flooring can be a complex process, but our team of experts is here to guide you every step of the way. From understanding the pros and cons of each material to selecting the best fit for your home or business, we're dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction.
For more detailed information about other types of flooring and tips on care and maintenance, check out our Flooring 101 blog post.
Visit Spokane Cabinets Plus today and experience the difference of high-value flooring.